pot head!

my boyfriend just got a new job a few weeks ago and he works till really late at night, i think he thinks i'm going to be asleep when he gets home because he has been coming home high and i can tell and smell it. i'm expecting our first in less than a week. i've told him to stop a ton of times..i can't just up and leave at this point but what can i do to scare him and show him i'm serious and i'm not going to take his shit? other tha this he is perfect and treats me perfect but its time to grow up you're about to be a dad!!!! uhhhh frustrated..advice?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Talk to him although that is a though one. Be serious with him hopefully it helps. If not then hope when the baby shows up he will quit. When he sees her face and gets a smile tell him...see that beautiful face, she doesnt want her daddy smoking and killing himself so stop ok. Just a try..GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Stop f---ing up his high...lol. But honestly that is a grown man honey. I say as long as he treats you like the queen that you know you are, leave 'im alone. Just don't let him smoke around you ok.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Well I personally dont think weed is a big deal. Also more important maybe he will change as soon as he sees his bundle of joy. This changes alot of men. Good luck.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Weed is weed and it's illegal. Whether people thing it's harmless or not it's illegal and it's time to stop spending money on that BS, be a man and father and use the money he spends on that illegal chit for the baby.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If he smoked when you met him, you knew what you were getting. The topic is always split in half as to the dangers, etc. If he had a beer each night, would it bother you? Is it the illegal aspect or what?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

I totally argree with you diamondmamma!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 9:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If he smoked when you met him, you knew what you were getting.

EXACTLY......
    I knew my dh was a pot head when we met.. he said he's quit when we got married, but didn't. He said he's quit when we had our 1st baby, he didn't. And now I'm expection baby #2 & he STILL does it. Granted, he's slowed down ALOT but I know he still does it. He knows that if he ever gets caught, I'm not bailing his ass out of jail & he don't do it in our house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Diamondmamma gets the best answer!

I'll just add that the more you nag him, the more he will withdraw from you.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Sorry Diamondmamma but I must disagree with you on this one. My ex-husband did the same thing. At first all was ok, then it got worse and worse where he wanted to be high all the time. I don't want some asshole baked off his ass around me or my kids. I don't want my kids in his car. This became a hot button issue in our marriage and then he started to drink on top of it. Kind of like high school, fell into the wrong crowd at work. Well it was one of the major factors in our divorce 14 yrs later.
    Put your foot down girl. Tell him it is you and the kid or the pot...but make sure you are willing to back up what you say. Some people think pot is no big deal, but I have seen what a true habit will do to a person.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm not picking a fight, just asking okay? Alright, he said he'd quit when you married, he didn't. There were no repercussions. He said he'd quit when you had #1, he didn't. No repercussions. #2 is around the corner and he's still at it. No repercussions. If you say out loud "I won't bail your ass out", you know that has no meaning right? You will not change him, and I think he's trying to show you that. You need to - for yourself only - come to your own decisions as to what about it bothers you. That it's illegal? That he's intoxicated and you're uncomfy leaving your child with him? That you don't like it and you don't want anyone around you to like it? I haven't given my personal view on the subject, just asking questions, wondering.....
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2009