SHOULD I GET ANY MONEY?

I haven't work for almost 3 years i take care of the house and our daughter ,He works(my husband) he never gives me not even a dollar I dont see his checks so i dont know how much he makes he has a different bank account that i cant even see soo MOM'S what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's sad and that you need to speak up. EireLass just gave a perfect example of what could happen. I'm sure she'd never think in a million years that it would happen to her. There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM, however a marriage is partnership. You both work in my eyes. You take care of the house and kids and he works outside of the home. Therefore you should have just as much access to the money as he does. He seems like a control freak..how can you not know how much money your husband make? It's time to be an independant woman now and go out and get a job making your own money.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think that's fked up and speak up!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think hes hiding something.... cuz, why would he do all that.. I suggest you get a job yourself and do the same and see if he likes it.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Do you ask him for money? How does the bills get paid and such... grocerys, clothes for the kids, household goods? Does he buy all that himself?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• How is that even right? My husband and I give ourselves allowances. We share a bank account which I log into daily and I pay the bills.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My husband keeps all our money too, and I'm a stay-at-home mom. He doesn't have a separate account though, but I never see our account anyway. If you ask him for money will he give it to you? Mine will, but only when I ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Is sounds as though he's providing enough for you and your child? Enough money for groceries, household supplies, clothing, medicines, etc? If you both have your "duties" outlined, then there is no problem.
    HOWEVER....this was my marriage exactly. Then he decided to leave me. Penniless. And he didn't care a bit about not providing for his 2 kids. He said "I don't live with them, why should I pay for them?" Dope. Divorced. The courts couldn't keep up with him as far as chasing for child support. It was a 2 state situation. YES. I would have done it all different, had I known better.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• That needs to stop. Seriously. I don't believe that you can have a marriage like that.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• IF I ASK THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS I DONT HAVE ANY ....HE HASNT PAID ANY BILLS IN THREE MONTHS I DONT KNOW WHAT HE DOES WITH HIS MONEY  I DO ASK HIM AND HE DONT GIVE ME AN ANSWER HE JUST GETS MAD ....FOOD HE JUST DONT LIKE BUYING I HAVE TO ASK HIM AND ASK HIM UNTIL HIS LIKE OK I WILL BUY SOME... I FEEL BAD WHEN MY DAUGHTER WANTS SOMETHING AND I DONT EVEN HAVE A DOLLAR ...I COULD GET A JOB BUT HIS NOT THE KIND OF MAN THAT WOULD STAY WITH MY DAUGHTER WHEN IM WORKING  HIS NEVER HOME AND HE DONT HAVE PATIENCE FOR KIDS .. BEFORE I GOT MARRIED I TOLD HIM I WOULD LIKE TO STAY HOME THE FIRST YEARS IF WE HAD A BABY BUT WHEN THE TIME CAME I COULDNT BECAUSE HE HAD KIDS WITH HIS FIRST MARRIEGE AND HE NEEDED HELP HE HAD CUSTODY AND HE DIDNT WANT TO BOTHER THE MOM FOR MONEY SOO MY MOM TOOK CARE OF MY DAUGHTER FOR THE FIRST 2 YEARS  I PAID FOR BABYSITTING CLOTHES FOR ALL KIDS FOOD FOR THE HOUSE AND BILLS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• HE JUST PAID THE MORTAGE NOW THE KIDS ARE GROWN AND HE DONT NEED MY HELP ANYMORE SO IM JUST WAITING FOR MY DAUGHTER TO START FULL TIME SCHOOL SO I CAN GET A JOB IN BETWEEN THAT WAY I DONT HAVE TO PAY BABY SITTER...I HAD SURGERY FOR BOTH OF MY HANDS SO I CANT GET A JOB JUST ANYWHERE SO I WONT GET PAY MUCH AND HIS NOT THE BABYSITTING TYPE SO I HAVE TO GET SOMETHING INBETWEEN SO I CAN BE WITH MY DAUGHTER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2009