Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i get free child care??

i have low-income and i get foodstamps. i cant afford to pay for child care. what do i need to do to apply or how can i get any help??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • google childcare assistance and your city and state. Otherwise I'd say to call the office and ask them--I'm sure they've got info!

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • Go to or call your local department of human services... That's usually where the office for child care assistance is located (at least everywhere I've lived). Good Luck

    Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • We have a local group of moms who take turns watching each others kids on a wekly basis - This is not long term everyday stuff, just a weekend or weeknight deal... So we can have date night. So if you are looking for a daily daycare situation I would also suggest the Human Services department... But for date nights we have a co-hort of moms who take turns watching kids for free so we can all go out!

    Answer by GCWix-n-Stix at 9:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.