When your kids have been sick, do you notice that when their sickness "breaks" after they sleep for hours?

Everytime my kids are sick I can tell when they are on the down hill slope when they sleep FOREVER. They wake up feeling much better.

Am I the only one who has this happen? Is this a real medical thing or just my kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Sleeping helps alot. Even I feel better when sick if I get enough sleep! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes, it is a real medical thing. Fighting an Illness drains the body of fluids, nutrients and energy, thus making your body really tired so that you will slow down and go to sleep to conserve your stored energy for more important things like ensuring your vital organs (heart, brain, lungs, kideys, liver) continue to function. A lot of people don't realize this but those organs require energy and nutrients to do their jobs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2009