Is this labor?

Yesterday morning at 3:45am, i lost what was my mucus plug.
i didnt think it was a big deal so i went back to bed... in the morning i tild my aunt and she freaked, and had me call labor and delivery. They asked if i had felt baby move.. i said no... not yet...
They had me lay on my left side and drink juice. Untill i felt it move. I did end up feeling baby.
They said if i didnt i needed to come in as i was probably in the early stages of labor.
If i did, to wait it out... if my water broke or i had a contraction then come in.
So now im awake this morning, and feeling kinda crampy.
Nothing that i can time yet, but it comes and goes...

Is this labor??
Im only 27 weeks!!!

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 9:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably not what you want to hear but it might not be. I was in labor with my son at 32, 35 and finally 37 weeks before I delivered.

You can drop your mucus plug for a month before you're ready to deliver. Just keep going as business as usual and take it easy. It will be fine. Keep monitoring how often you feel baby move. I used to keep a note pad near me when I felt the contractions. I would write down when it started and when it ended. I would write them over and over and then I would go back and calculate how far apart each contraction was. If they are more than 5 minutes apart then don't sweat it. If it's less than 4-5 minutes apart get to the hospital. They will more than likely give you magnesium sulfate in an IV to stop the labor. Had that twice and don't let them fool you when they say you will feel warm. It burns through your veins but it keeps baby where it needs to be and that is inside you.

Good luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• time your contractions for an hr. if they are 5 min apart go to L&D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It sounds like possible braxton hicks. You can lose your mucous plug more than once. It regenerates itself. I would be patient b/c it is too early to have this baby. You want it to stay in and "cook" as long as possible. Just relax. Braxton hicks can get pretty regular but if you feel like it is labor then go in and get checked.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• This is not my first baby.. i know what braxton hicks are lol. And this is NOT braxton hicks!!! hahaa.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 9:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I lost my mucus plug with both my babies at around 38 weeks. I contacted my doctor immediately hoping it was time. However my doctor told me you can lose your mucus plug at anytime during your pregnancy and it usually reforms. I ended up having to be induced with my first daughter. With my second daughter I had false labor at 39 weeks (it DID NOT feel false!). At 40 weeks it was real labor. The only difference between my false labor & real labor was I had a bloody show, the pain and timing was exactly the same. I would definitely contact your doctor. I do remember my doctor saying something about how if it had happened before a certain number of weeks he would have liked me to come in just in case. So call, just in case.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 10:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Well i dont have a doctor.. so thats kinda outta the question.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009