So hurt, but should I be?

My SO's brother is getting married in June, and I am really good friends with his girlfriend, or so I thought. She had asked her old high school pals to be her wedding party. All of which she never sees or talks too, thery are like a size 2, maybe a 4 on a bad day,and I just had a baby and still weigh in at 200! So thats why I wasnt asked, in SO and my opinion. But we go shopping together and spend every almost every Sunday togther... I kinda got over not being in the wedding, but I wanted so bad to help with the shower... I told her and the maid of honor I wanted to help and it was very clear (I thought) that she ould call me and let me know what I could do. Well I just got an invite to the shower and was not asked to help at all. Her futer mother in law wasnt either! I am practicly her sister in law and I am not even allowed to help! Maybe I am being over reacting, but it hurt me.... What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Aw I am sorry. Of course you feel hurt. Just remember that you can't control anyone's actions but your own. As far as the shower, go and enjoy it. They probably decided not to burden you, especially since you just had a baby. What you could do is to have a second shower if you really want to. Go to theirs for sure, and if you want to hold a second then that would be fun, too.
    She was shallow when she only chose tiny women to be her wedding party, but again it could be that she was being considerate of your being a new mom. Smile and wish them well. Have joy in your heart because you have your baby and a good life and are a generous and thoughtful person.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I would be hurt too. You might sit down at lunch or something and talk to her about it. Explain that you don't understand why you can't help her or anything.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It's difficult to say why you are being excluded...I certainly hope it's not because of what size dress you wear. Perhaps if you offer once more to help; if they don't want it, you can't give it. I am sorry you are hurt. Maybe she had a pact with her HS pals...my college roommates did that with each other: they promised to be in each others' weddings. Chin up...it's less work for you anyway.
    noveltysteph

Answer by noveltysteph at 9:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009