baby clothes? laundry detergent?

I was wondering when it comes time to wash my baby's clothes would it hurt anything to wash them with gain laundry detergent or do I have to buy something special?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 9:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I washed our babies' clothes in what we us, so I wouldn't worry about it.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• you can always just run it through an extra rinse if you are worried :)
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 9:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• okay good, just making sure :)
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 9:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My son had pretty sensitive skin and we washed everything in Dreft or something that was free of dyes and perfumes. It might be a good idea to start out with something made for babies or sensitive skin and as that runs out try him in some things that you have washed in your regular soap and see how he does.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i tried using the same stuff for my dd when she was born, but it broke her out, she had really sensitive skin, so i switched to all baby & used it for all of our clothes
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I've used regular detergent on both of my girls. the baby stuff is really expensive, but you might have to get some if you're little one has sensitive skin.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I always used what I used for everyone else. But we've been using dye and perfume free detergent for a long time (long before I started having kids).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Unless you or the father has allergies to detergent than your baby should be fine with whatever you use. I think it is cheaper and easier that way, b/c I can throw in all our towels and bedding together w/out having to pay for more expensive detergent.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 10:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We just used the stuff we had at the time. We figured if it irritated her then we could switch, but there was no reason to get the pricey stuff in the first place.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• good, that was my thought pattern too, but my older sister said i should buy speacial stuff...i want to cut costs ( any way i can lol) even if they are small costs lol
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 11:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2009