How long....

I am 9 weeks PP and yet to have a period... I had unprotected sex about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I breast feed about twice aday and supliment the rest. A couple of days ago I had a very light pinkish tint on the t.p, could it be inplant bleeding. How long do you uasally have that after you have sex? I never had it with my last :-)??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I guess they probably give you a test before putting in an IUD, but make sure they do. You definitely don't have to have had a period yet to get pregnant... you just have to have ovulated. And even if you were BF day and night, this can still happen anytime (I EBF and got mine at 6 weeks after both deliveries). Implantation bleeding, I think, happens about 6-8 days after the relevant sex, so I doubt that's what you're having. But a test should resolve the question since it was 5-6 weeks ago...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It could take up to 12 weeks after delivery to get your period. If you think you might be pregnant, take a pregnancy test and find out. If you are not, use birth control unless you are trying to get pregnant. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I am getting an IUD next week, and we just got caught up in the moment.... I have been very dizzy too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You could easily be pregnant, even if breastfeeding. Maybe take a test?!

I didn't get my period until 13.5 months postpartum, and never used BC (well when we first had sex again we did but only for like a month).... I never got pregnant. Breastfeeding was successful BC for us! It isn't for everyone! I hope you are not pregnant again, that's way to soon!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2009