Did anyone see this article?

http://health.yahoo.com/news/ap/baby_formula_perchlorate.html

All the more reason to breastfeed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Breastfeeding is not always the best..................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Oh lord.. mommy war!! I smell it!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• OP here - I am not trying to start a debate, so please, don't make it into that. I am just asking if people have seen this. It scares me because not too long ago, there was another huge problem with formula. It seems like every few months, there is something new with a problem in formula. Yes, I breastfed my child but I have nothing against formula feeding moms. I just wanted opinions on the article, not formula feeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Oh lord.. mommy war!! I smell it!

I posted something on mommy wars recently according to moms on here there are no mommy wars. They just discuss this maturely and calmly.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If you are breast feeding and vaccinate you are no different than a formula feeding mom. You are putting toxic stuff in your childs body. I guess all moms suck.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We should just support each other. There was story last week in Today show what did show a story about how breastfeeding is not the best .
    Anonymous

• OP- that formula that had traces of lead in it was Chinese formula.. im sure its safe to say 99.9% of americans dont use that formula.. hehe.. Now they didnt release the brands of formula of the ones in the article you posted so its hard to tell if its not foreign formula like it was before. Ill have to check the ingredients of the Enfamil formula I currently have and get back to you. I agree this is an interesting article, but I just have a bad feeling about some moms who might enter this thread.. hehe. I can see it being turned into an "breastfeeding vs formula feeding" post just by your statement in your post.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Exactly HOW is breastfeeding NOT the best for the baby??? You got my ears perked on that one. Breastfeeding is always the better choice than formula but to say it is not the best? That's confusing. There are 2 choices, breast or formula. Breast is best. Formula is not the best but it does the job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Breastfeeding is only then the best choice when mother eats the most nutritional food what is possible.But when mothers food is only fast food there is just no good nutrients for baby.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2009