Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drug dealing Mamma

We have a rental house next door to us. We just got new tennants in about a week ago. A young couple with a LO. When they are not screaming and yelling profanities at one another there are some fishy things going on. 3 times this week alone we have wittnessed a blue cadilac pull up in front of the house. Mom proceeds to run out, drop something in the window and run back in. My DH went as far as to go out in the dark and shine a flashlight in the window of the car and ask if they were looking for someone, only to find them packing pot into a cigar wrap. They left right away after that but were back again yesterday in broad daylight. I have small kids...what should I do? I don't want drugs around us..but what can the cops do without some solid proof? We are looking to buy a house in a better neighborhood but for now we are stuck.


Asked by salexander at 10:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 26 (28,366 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • Some people bring child in the world and don't give a shit if there use of drugs will affect there children and it does affect the child the most. Go and knock on the land lords door and have a chat with him, if he lives across the street then maybe he is seeing whats going on.

    Answer by raemommy at 10:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • If the rental house next to you is owned by your landlord then inform him. If he does nothing then call the cops to report suspicious activity. They may or may not be able to do anything. My dad is a landlord and this happened in one of his rental properties. He informed the police and the police told them they were already looking into this guy. With the help of my dad they were able to catch him in the act. Good Luck!


    Answer by JeremysMom at 10:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • Call the cops and CPS and let them know what's going on. They can do something as far as investigating the people/home. Make note of the days/times you see suspicious activity over there and inform them with that as well, so they are more likely to catch them in the act. I wouldn't put up with that shit for a minute being around my kiddos.

    Answer by Nunyabiznes at 10:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • You can report suspicious activity to the authority. I would either contact the landlord and if he is willing to do something, let it go. Or I would contact the police. That is a dangerous atmosphere to have you children in, and something you don't want them seeing. Good luck.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • Well the landlord lives right across the street. I am hoping if I mention it to him he may say something. I just don't think it is fair for us (we own our home) to have to be at the mercy of every scum he rents to. I feel so bad for the baby. I am not sure how old she is but she is small enough that they have her in a under 1 I am guessing. How on earth can people have children around and live that kind of life?

    Answer by salexander at 10:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • Yes like everyone has said call the owner of the building even if it's not your personal landlord get the name of whomever owns the biulding, Let them know what's going on. Also let the land lord know you will call the cops if it cont's. I don't give two shits if is just pot, theres children and your the parents protect your kiddos. Good Luck with everything. Keep us posted if you want.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • I agree call CPS or the COPS. Those kids don't derserve to be around that kind of crap.

    Answer by LND at 12:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2009