How fun and rewarding is being a mom?

Is it as rewarding and wonderful as people say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Absolutely. Even the times you want to pull your hair out, you realize that this child is kind of what everything is about right now. I love it and I wouldn't change being a mother for anything in the world. The laughs, the jokes, the games, the holidays (those are really great), even the bad days, are amazing. I would rather spend 24 hours with my fussy baby than 8 hours at work.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Uh yes. That is all I'm going to say because it is too amazing to be described. But not everyone is meant to be a mommy.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Absolutely! It's the most rewarding expierience ever to be a mom! I love it and espescially now that I got the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. I love to watch my children grow and learn and be able to be there for them. My kids truly fill my heart with joy!!!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It's amazing to be a mom and yea i agree it's rough at times but their only lil once. I love that i can be home and teach him everything and watch how he learns. I always say my job at home is more rewarding than anyones day at work.
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 11:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Motherhood is the hardest job, and the most important one in the world. My rewards for having children are the things I receive from them everyday. Like the buttercup my 6 year gave to me this morning on the way to the bus stop, and the way my 10 year son makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world even when I dont feel that way and when my 13 year old ask me a question about life and then actually takes my advice. These are the things that make it so rewarding and I wouldn't change a thing.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Absolutely! It is the hardest thing you'll ever have to do...but it's also the most rewarding.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• yes but you need to realize there are a lot of sacrifices too, im young i cant just go out to the bar anytime I want like you can without kids, its not all about oh baby is soo cute you can give back other peoples babies when they start crying but if its yours you have to deal with it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes but first you nee to be selfless. If you can be a selfless person you can be a wonderful mommy. It is exhausting and the bags under the eyes never really go away but hearing "I love you mommy" makes it all worth while and seeing the look on your childs face when you walk in a room makes everything..even the worst day better.
    Anonymous

• yes and better
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2009