Dark Boogers??? (for lack of a better describing term)

Ok so it is probably just dirt or something but...i had to ask

My daughter, who is 1, for the past few days has had these dark...almost black boogers coming out of her nose. Not snot, actual boogers. Has anyone else experienced that.
I have a feeling it is because she is crawling around a lot more and possibly getting dirt in her nose?? i don't know. I mean i keep a super clean house, i am kind of a clean freak. So ...anyone??

Stampin_Up_Mom

Asked by Stampin_Up_Mom at 10:47 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• yeah, it's probably dirt. or, if her sinuses have been dry lately, it could be some dried blood from tiny blood vessels in the nares that popped. it's nothing to worry about. sort of like when you pick your nose when it's dry and it bleeds a little, kwim? the dried blood turns black.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Her nose could be dry, she could have allergies, dust or dirt could have gotten in her nose.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009