Does a darker line on a pregnancy test mean anything?

My period was less than three weeks ago. On a whim I took a pregnancy test and the line appeared immediately and super dark! I have always taken a test a day after my period was late and the line has always been VERY faint. I was just curious if the darker line meant anything - like maybe I am farther along than I thought? Maybe I didn't really have a period? Anyway, just curious what anyone knows.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It means you're REALLY pregnant lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• if it was a positive dark line then no it just means there is more hcg in your body that it picked up .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yeah it is usuallyu darker the more hormones you have in you, so maybe you are further along. ut it can vary from test to test too, but I generally never got a dark line until I was more than a few days late. Congrats btw.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• LOL! Thanks for the laugh about being REALLY pregnant! Sorry this is anonymous, but we aren't ready to tell friends and family yet! I know the test is an indication of a certain hormone in you. I just keep thinking the dark line could mean I am further along or twins! LOL! Guess I will know in a couple months when I see the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• only if its a plus sign not just one line cause there is one line that if you pee on it it shows up immediatly to show that the test is working. that one is the vertical line the horizontal line is the one that you need to look for. one line means nothing.
    Anonymous

• Quoting: only if its a plus sign not just one line cause there is one line that if you pee on it it shows up immediatly to show that the test is working. that one is the vertical line the horizontal line is the one that you need to look for. one line means nothing.

Sorry I wasn't clearer. This is my fourth pregnancy! LOL! I was talking about the second line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2009