potty training my 3 yr old?

He understands what the potty is for, but he won't let me know when he has to go. He tells me when he's "stinky". But doesn't get the difference between pee, and poop. To him they are both "stinky". He see's his dad and big brother pee standing up, while I'm trying to get him to pee sitting down. I'm just running out of ideas...

harmnone77

Asked by harmnone77 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son has been fully potty trained at 1 1/2 , all kids have there own rate at which they become potty trained. You just have to give them time and when they are ready you will know..You can always try rewarding them with stickers,m&m's etc.. or make it fun for them and throw a fruit loop or cheerio in the toilet and have him try to pee on that. Its really easy once they get the hang of it, and maybe if you are consistant with him and take him to the bathroom every hour and have him "try to go" something will come out im sure..Thats when you clap and say "good job buddy,your such a big boy" I hope this helps !!
    Lovingmykids3

Answer by Lovingmykids3 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2009