Has ANYONE ever lost 100 pounds?

Hey..Is it possible to lose 100 lbs without surgery? I have just started eating right.. eating perfect actually.. No fattening things AT ALL except my 100 calorie packs of oreo cakesters for a snack.. I also have 24/7 access to a gym which I love! But has anyone lost 100 lbs ever? Without gastric bypass.. I wouldn't do that.. I want to do this on my own.. and I dont really HAVE to lose 100 lbs.. but that would be great if I could.. But is it really possible if you were really really trying to and had your mind set to it? If anyone has lost a big amount of weight like that, how did you do it? What did you eat, and what kind of work out did you do?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• No, but that's my goal after this baby is born. When i got pregnant, i actually lost 20 pounds in the first 12 weeks by just cutting out the crap... sugar, candy, desserts, soda, etc. Good luck to you!
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 11:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• you know what? have you ever checked out Sparkpeople.com (i think it's .com)? It's a wonderful resource for people trying to lose a significant amount of weight... a great support system! I'm a member, but since I've been pregnant and unable to work out regularly (bad hip pain his time around), I haven't been on it. Check it out though, it's wonderful :)
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 11:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I lost 130 pounds without surgery. It absolutely can be done. I ate a ton of salads with avocado-lemon dressing and lean protein like turkey, chicken and tuna, I never ate refined sugar or flour, or any "white foods" except for plain yogurt with a tablespoon of maple syrup in it. I drank water or green tea. I started with 30 minutes of cardio a day, which was a challenge since I was 260 pounds (on a 5'3" frame, OW!) and I stepped up the exercise as it got easier, adding in more cardio and weight training. It took me a little short of two years, but I did it. It's 15 years later, I've had two kids in the intervening years, and I stand at 125 pounds today. It's totally worth it.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have a friend who had gained a lot of weight and then got pregnant and got even bigger. She is only about 5'4" and probably weighed 230-250lbs. After she had her daughter, she just started eating right and exercising and now, she is my size. I would say she has probably lost at least 100lbs. . . . she looks like a different person. So she didn't use any crazy diet pills, surgery or starve herself, and she did it! Good Luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I gained SOO much weight when I had my son (9 months ago) I gained over 100 pounds. I've lost 100 pounds just about. I weighed in at about 228. To loose my weight all I did (which isn't realistic for some people) was cut everything I ate in half. I dropped ALL soda not diet nothing and drank unsweet tea, water, or crystal light drinks. Now I weigh 135. It was hard but worth it I feel sooo much better! Good luck and best wishes!!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 2:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Congrats luvsgriffin, that's wonderful! Way to go!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have a group called "I Need To Lose 60 Lbs or More". You are welcome to come join us. All of us ladies in there are trying to lose at least 60 lbs. There are a lot of good ideas in there.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/54822
    Anonymous

• It sure as heck is possible! I haven't lost 100, but I've lost about 65 pounds in the last 18 months. I exercise, exercise, exercise. I do Turbo Jam dvd's almost every day, about 45-60 minutes of kick-butt cardio. I also add in some light weight lifting about 3 times per week, and then sneak in extra calorie burns--for example, I try to walk to go pick up my daughter from school at least once per week or more. It's about a 2 & 1/2 mile trip. It barely feels like exercise on a nice day, but it's a great way to add some extra calorie burning to my routine. I don't use the walks to replace the real workouts, just as extras. I also eat well--lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grain, & lean protein sources. I hardly ever eat sweets--when you start getting your body fit, you seem to stop craving them so much anyway. If I have a craving, I eat a no sugar added chocolate pudding (70 calories). Stay COMMITTED!!
    Anonymous

• yes, in fact here is a video of ppl that have lost over 200 lbs by taking care of their bodies!

jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 11:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2009