Anybody doing home remodeling?

We decided to redo our bathroom since my toilet broke. We put up new walls, sink, toilet and I just finished painting it sky blue with white trim. We are doing this project ourselves so it's taking a little while to get it done. I love updating my house and this was the last room that needed updated.
What projects are you working on in your house?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• YES...lol, my dh just started breaking up ugly blue tiles in our bathroom. Its a vintage 50's bathroom, hideous....blaahhhh...

Its going to be a BIG job, but we have spring break coming up so we are hoping to do a good bit of it that week. We are do it ourselfers too. lol

I love updating our house too, we still have a couple of rooms left in our house but so far we have, enclosed our outside laundry room, replaced all of our doors and window, re did our kitchen and refinished our hardwood floors.

We are doing wainscotting on the bottom and a pale green on top with white accents. I am tired of blue.....lol......lived with ugly blue tile for years. lol.....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I had ugly yellow plastic tiles! And we are also putting wainscotting on the bottom half.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• LOL. My upstairs bathroom is torn out. Hubby has been "working" on it for three years. Half of my kitchen is torn out as well. I guess one day it will be done.

Anonymous

• Hahah, it sounds like we've got the same kinda decorating ideas.

I found these really cool frog pictures I am gonna order on www.etsy.com

They are painted "kid" frogs one says "wash your hands" the other "brush your teeth" and the last one says "wash your face" they are cute. and GREEN lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Oh, by the way, I've never heard of plastic tiles. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• we r doing the front living room walls and tile for the kitchen dinning room and living room. I want to do the bathroom and get a jet bath. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I just interviewed 20 diffrent companies to come up with the best deal on a new house roof. It pays to get as many estimates as you can tolerate, so you can save money. I also got coupons on the internet for some companies, and the back of the phone book had coupons for some companies. When I told the roofers that I was getting a bunch of estimates, some of them dropped their prices to be competitive. We also put a sunroom on the back of the house last year and it was worth the money. The baby can play in all kinds of weather out there. It has a heater and ac unit. We saved for that for many years. You can see the yard and enjoy outdoors in all weather. We opened our xmas presents out there this year. Take care.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2009