My dd has a book that shows Sleeping Beauty, but they call her Briar Rose....I thought her name was Aurora....which is it?

I havent seen the actual movie in quite a while, but I am confused by the names......is her real name Briar Rose or Aurora?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Aurora with her birth parents, but, Briar Rose when with the fairies in the forest.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• The fairies called her Briar Rose to hide her identity from Malificient. The King and Queen though named her Aurora.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 11:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Ohhhhh ok, that makes makes sense, I guess I need to watch the movie! LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• In the original Grimm story, her name WAS Briar Rose, BTW. I have no idea where Disney got Aurora.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Her parents named her Aurora. The 3 fairies called her Briar Rose while she was being raised by them to keep her protected.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• When i read your question you know what run through my head? "Aurora touch the spindle..." lol. was it from that movie?
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You know, there is an actual STORY that Disney exploited and the original story was entitled "Briar Rose".
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009