How can I get a 6 week old baby to sleep in his bed?

My six week old sleeps with me in bed, and I want him to sleep in his own bed. He won't even take a nap without me. Any advice I can get. I would appreciate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• swaddle
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• How about a basinet that you could put right next to your bed? That way he could see you still.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 11:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You can start laying him down while he is still slightly awake and let him fall asleep on his own. Other than that he is to young to start any of the other things that I would suggest.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• keep putting him down, pat his back, pick him up if he gets to distressed, he will get tired enough that he will stay asleep. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree, swaddle, white noise, pacifier and put him down while sleepy, not asleep.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2009