A question About Travel guidelines.

I have not been on a plane since 2001....so I know a lot has change with guidelines as to what can be taken.......so I want to make sure that I understand everything before we get there so we dont cause a delay.
The rule for carry on is containers of 3 oz. or less right.
But can I pack larger items like shampoo, conditioner, deoderant , toothpaste for checked baggage?
Is there any more things I need to know for carry on or checked baggage.
All help is appreciated.
Thanks ladies

tambam75

Asked by tambam75 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Travel

• I havent flown either but our airport here has a checklist online, maybe yours does too?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You can find the list on the TSA website. www.tsa.gov & click on the travelers tab. It gives the complete list of prohibited items & explains about screening & shoes & stuff. Remember, if you are traveling with a child, the liquid guidelines also apply to bottles & sippy cups. Plan extra time into your schedule to fill bottles at the fountain or purchase beverages after you are through security.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Your airline should have a link to the TSA guidelines. Generally, for carry on luggage liquid items need to be in one quart size ziplock bag per person and can be no more then 3 oz. each. You can pack full size liquids in your luggage. I put anything liquid in ziplock bags in case they leak etc. They will ask you take off your shoes so wear easy to get off and on shoes and socks if it bothers you to walk on floors barefoot. No lighters are allowed, just matches. If you bring a laptop it needs to be out of its carrying case. You need to show id and your boarding pass before you go through security so keep these items handy.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 11:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Call the airline in which you are flying with, each airline can be a bit different.
    Blesstravelmom

Answer by Blesstravelmom at 7:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• The TSA provides the rules and if you have small children I suggest you print that section and bring it with you as a lot of the staff still have no clue about what is allowed.
    3 oz bottles and it must be in a quart zip lock bag.
    You can pack larger bottles in your case. I recommend packing them in a tupperware container or something along those lines to contain any potential leaks due to pressure changes or baggage handling.
    Definately check out the TSA site. Good luck
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• they start charging fees for luggage
    savingjmom

Answer by savingjmom at 9:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2009