Do you think its okay for a pastor to date/marry a divorced mom?

Since in the bible it says that if you sleep with a divorced woman that makes you an adultor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok, you said you left for abuse... and this is speaking for myself... I would have left too...

Pray about it and seek God's direction... and hopefully the pastor is praying also. It's great that you are not wanting to be a stumbling block...many women wouldn't care and would just go for it.

Also, seek other Godly counsel... if there's a leader over him... if the relationship progresses... etc.

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Where does it say tha tin the Bible...OT? If I'm not mistaken, the NT says it's ok for a divroce if one of the spouses commits adultery. Is this woman never to marry again? I need to go look some things up, LOL!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think that since you may not know everything involved you should let it be your pastor's decision and if you are going to go around asking questions like this instead of getting your nose out of his business, you need to find another church for all the saints like yourself.
    Anonymous

• We believe that if a sponse has cheated on their mate and they divorce because of it then the one who was cheated on has the right to remarry in God's eyes as set forth in the Bible

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Sure.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think the bible is way too judgemental, it doesn't say anyuthing about a woman divorcing her husband if he is abusive, refuses to support her and the children or whatever.
    Anonymous

• So... let me get this straight.

Let's say a husband cheats on his wife or is an abuser or something horrible like that & they get divorced ----- that woman (through NO fault of her own) is just supposed to be alone the rest of her life??? Even when a (I'm assuming since he's a pastor) very good-hearted man wants to share his life with her??

Okay... if the Bible says anything like that, I missed it.... but it would just give me another reason not to follow it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Below is the bible verse regarding divorce-

Matthew 5:31 “You have heard the law that says, ‘A man can divorce his wife by merely giving her a written notice of divorce.’ 32 But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• this is the original OP
    This is my buissness because I am the divorced mom. I am friends with my pastor and its quickly moving to more than friends but I don't want to be a stumbleing block for him.
    Anonymous

• But none of us knows her whole story... she could have left an abusive relationship and that may be her reason for divorce.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009