Cat Napper

My dd is 7 1/2 months and is a cat napper. She takes three, half hour naps a day.
Did you have a cat napper? Did the napping patterns ever change?
I would love two longer naps, but she won't stay down for more than a half hour. And won't last longer than 2.5 hours between naps.

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most likely she will grow out of it. You can try darkening her room, a little white noise (maybe a fan on low pointed away from her as the weather warms up). For my daughter, though, the only thing that worked was giving her time to grow out of it. Babies that do this are waking up during the lighter phase of their sleep cycle. Make sure you give her the opportunity to put herself back to sleep (i.e. don't go get her up immediately.. give her a few minutes). One day, you might just find she drifts back off, and then eventually you may not hear her at all until after about 90 minutes. I think my daughter took three 30 min naps a day from 4-7 months and then slowly switched over to some longer ones. It sucks because it really isn't enough sleep, but we all survived...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009