hcg levels

I am concerned about my sister her hcg levels arent doubling they are just going up 100 at a time.I was just wandering if anyone might know what it could be.She also has some spotting.Thank you

trevorsmom92305

Asked by trevorsmom92305 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not doubling every 2 days is something to worry about, especially before the 8 week. After 8 weeks they tend to slow don, but not significantly over night and then it levels off at about 12 weeks. If it is still rising at all it is hard to give up hope, but it is not a good sign, I'm sorry. How far along is she and what is her Dr saying?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• well my HCg levls did not double every 2 days like it was suppose to. I found out I was preggo at 4 weeks and had my first HCg level done at 5 weeks and it was low. I went back in two days later it had went up but not doubled like they wanted it to. I had it checked again when I was 7 weeks and it was in the normal range but still not doubling like they wanted them to. I am right now today 10 weeks 3days. baby is doing fine. Ive had 2 sonos and baby od great with heartbeat in the 170s. So I would not stress too much about HCg lelvels.
    Married2daBest

Answer by Married2daBest at 1:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009