is it safe

My husband might have a UTI. I', 5 weeks along into my very first ever pregnancy. Is it safe to be intimate with him if he has a UTI and I'm preggo?
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hell no! You're very vulnerable to infections right now, so I wouldn't take the chance until he's treated and it's cleared up.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 12:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I don't know if UTI's are contagious. I do know that you shouldn't have sex with a yeast infection because they get transferred from partner to partner.

I just did a quick search and I don't think you can catch a UTI from him. Ask your doc to be sure, but I really don't think he would give you a UTI.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• a urinary tract infection is just that, an infection caused by bacteria. You don't think when he cums in you that that bacteria won't be passed into you?!?!? You both just gotta deal with other ways of being "intimate" for the 7-10 days that he's being treated, he is on treatment right?
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 12:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• according to my dr you can pass a uti from partner to partner. i had a uti when i was about 12weeks pregnant we arnt sure who gave it to who but my husband had one to. although his symptoms appeared after mine so we think i gave it to him. hes needs to be treated befor you two have sex.
    you wana be very carefull in pregnancy
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• no way
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2009