After my cycle I am scheduled to get a HSG(hysterosalpingogram) ultrasound done. Has anyone had this done and does it hurt and did you get immediate result information that day?

ivntee07

Asked by ivntee07 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, I had one before and it is uncomfortable; you feel quite crampy and it was advised that I take Advil prior to my appointment. The cramps will go away within a few hours and yes, I did get my results immediately.

Good luck!
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I definitely recommend taking something before you have the HSG. It was more painful than I expected and I really wasn't prepared. I was fine afterwards, but during the test I had major cramping. I didn't speak to my doctor about it the day I had it done, but I could see everything on the screen and the technician explained it very well. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• What is the HSg test( hysterosalpingogram)
    Anonymous

• Mine was uncomfortable, but not painful...just cramping. I got my results immediately...The technician talked me through all of it.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 7:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• take some ibuprofin before hand u will be fine....and immediate results
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 8:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I've got to get one of those after my next cycle too, and I'm scared. I hate pain.
    utopiaseas

Answer by utopiaseas at 8:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2010