Please help me with the ins and outs of webkinz

My child got a webkinz from my mom. He is only allowed on the computer if he gets a good behavior report at school. So, I'm wondering, how long does it take for them to die? And, if it dies, what happens? Did she waste money or does the thing get "reincarnated" I guess you could say? If he doesn't feed it everyday, does it die or get sick or what? Thanks so much!

mommystiebler

Asked by mommystiebler at 12:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter said you have to log in at least once a week to keep your pets healthy...hope that helps...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My 8 yr old has 2 (right now) webkins and you have to take care of them online daily,,, or you should... they do not die but the account is only for 1 yr from signing up... you need to purchase another webkinz to keep the account alive... there are games and it's very child friendly... we have been on webkinz since the begining... and my gs loves being there...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If the account is already set up you as the parent I believe can cancel it... contact Webkinz and just cancel it if you thin that your child isn't going to be on that site to maintain it often... this way there will be no worries...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• They don't die. They may get sick dut it's easy to get them well. One of my sons doesn't go on it as much as he used to (and he has about 10 Webkinz) but whne he goes back on they're fine. The account is good for a year as said but if you get another Webkinz it's sarts from when that one is adopted. The games on it are good for kids. There are some 'fun' ones but they have alot of thongs that are educational.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My daughter says that every time you get a new Webkinz the account is continued for another year. So if you have three, your account is good for 3 years! Each one you log on give you another year.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• That's good information to know! I don't know anything about Webkinz, but my dd got one for Christmas and we have yet to register it online just 'cause I wasn't sure about it. I've heard the games/activities on the Webkinz website are very kid safe though, so at least I don't have to be concerned about that.
    kstchr

Answer by kstchr at 12:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2009