am i pushing myself to hard or not pushing hard enough or am i on track?

Ok I'm trying to get fit while losing weight. I just started walking yesterday to get fit. Today I walked 3.6 miles in 61 minutes I wasn't winded but could tell it was working my legs on the hills. I currently weigh 257.4 lbs and I am 5' 8" tall with a large build. My goal weight is get between 150 and 160. My fitness goal is to double how far I can walk in an hour.

HomemakinMommy

Asked by HomemakinMommy at 12:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Also I have already lost 62.6 lbs so far. I had to lose some weight before I could even start trying to get physically fit that is why I'm just now starting the walking. I plan to walk at least 3 days a week with a goal of 5 days a week. So do you think I am on track with where I should be?
    HomemakinMommy

Answer by HomemakinMommy at 12:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• At this point, your only concern should be establishing a daily exercise habit. When it comes to cardio, hitting your target heart rate is essential for burning fat and building stamina. You do not want to incur an injury when you're just getting started though, so do go at a basic pace at first, get the habit entrenched and then step up to a more effective rate. Kudos! It's tough to get started, keep it up!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Good then I guess I'm on target I walked at my normal pace (I walk fast all naturally)I wasn't winded but hade to make sure I was breathing right and I could tell my heart rate was up but not over the top and was steady.I like walking its calming to me so I deff want to keep doing it.
    HomemakinMommy

Answer by HomemakinMommy at 12:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Hey! I want to lose the same amount of weight as you.. and I weigh the same almost! What are you eating to lose weight? Anything good? I'm a very picky eater so I'm having a hard time finding things that are healthy that I like to eat
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have cut pud fast food and junk food I don't add sugar to anything I cut out all soda and replaced it with water and I have cut back on how much I eat at meals I eat anything I want but only about 1/3 of what I used to eat of it and I don't get second helpings on anything. I make sure the majority of what I do eat it fruit and vegetables.
    HomemakinMommy

Answer by HomemakinMommy at 1:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have a group called "I Need To Lose 60 Lbs or More". You are welcome to come join us. All of us ladies in there are trying to lose at least 60 lbs. There are a lot of good ideas in there.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/54822
    Anonymous