Am I the only one...

who reads article after article in the news, and just thinks the world is screwed? I'm pregnant and hormonal, and this isn't always my outlook, but c'mon, when story after story makes you want to cry...

mmmommy0207

Asked by mmmommy0207 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Don't watch the news. The inevitable degradation of the human animal is not something to be mourned. I read my news, and avoid stories that my emotions will have no effect on. I keep up with politics, because I can actively take a role in writing my representatives. We donate to local charities, and blood and plasma when I'm not pregnant.

Keep up with what you can do, and pray for what you can't. Otherwise you'll make yourself insane- especially with your hormones.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I was 8m pregnant during Katrina and cried about the people, the babies with no water sweltering in that stadium. My hubs finally just turned off the TV and refused to let me watch news anymore.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• OBAMA= One Big Ass Mistake America!!!
    bahahaha
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 12:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Kbmancine...........I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

• I agree with stacymomof2. I see our country moving in a better direction now after being stagnent for 8 years. That still doesn't change the fact that the media follows the motto - "If it bleeds, it leads." There is so much good in this world that we are not hearing about because our society as a whole is more focused on the bad. I actively seek out these good stories. Try this one:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/04/02/cnnheroes.suezette.steinhardt/index.html

Anonymous

• stacymomof2, I know how you felt during Katrina, though of course I wasn't pregnant, those poor people with nothing to eat or drink , nowhere to go and no help, and my son was fighting in Iraq at the time, I just sat there and cried, for them, for him, for myself....
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm a Katrina survivor. I didn't even know what was happening at the Superdome or in other parts of the city for a few days. After being stuck in a house for 4 days with an 18 month old baby, no electricity, no water, no radio, no phone and 100 degree heat I finally got to Baton Rouge and on a small charter plane to Pensacola. I sat down at the little coffee shop and wondered why so many people were crying. Then I looked up at the TV and saw the devastation I had just come out of. I cried a whole lot. I cried tears of pain for all I had lost (everything I owned) and I cried for the people still trapped and I cried tears of joy that my baby and I got out safely. I cried for my husband who was still there, and facing the task of cleaning up.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• The world is screwed. The sky is falling. We are all about to be enslaved and most of the American population only cares about basketball, eating McDonalds, drinking soda and watching Dancing with the Stars.
    Anonymous

• No.There are still good things happening all around us.
    Anonymous

• These bad things have been happening for a very long time it's just that the media found out the can make a killing prostituting others tragedies. It's really quite sick. I watch just enough news to keep updated on what is going on and then I turn it off and do something more constructive with my time than watch the "soap operas" the media is creating out of tragedy.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 2:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009