Moms of Winter babies...

What are you planning to do for your childs birthday? My daughter was born Nov 21st and I live out here in Illnois we may or may not have snow by then, BUT I know it will be VERY cold. So I was just wondering what you ladies have done for your childs birthdays.

xocyncyn

Asked by xocyncyn at 12:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Chuck E Cheeses or indoor inflatable playgrounds. Playground World lets you have b-day parties too. There is a store at a local mall here where kids can build there own race cars then race them all while having a party.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have 2 December babies....I have rented a gym, gone to Chuck E Cheese, gone to a pizza place, McDonalds, party at home, ice skating, rock wall climbing and indoor soccer.
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 12:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My son is three, and so far we've just had parties at our house.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i won't do the mcdonald's playground anymore after a lawsuit here. some kids were playing in it and came out with poo on them. this happened to my husbands co worker. obviously they don't check the playground when the day is over.

Anonymous

• my daughter was born november 28th and she has only had one birthday. we had her party at the house and i live in georgia so its not frigid in the winter but too cold to do an outdoor birthday party. i dont think theres anything wrong with birthday parties at home.. but once your kids get old enough maybe they could give you ideas about where they want to go.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have a friend who's daughter was born in December and she had the cutest party for her. She had an indoor picnic in the middle of winter. She got checkered table cloths and served summer time foods...bbq, hotdogs, lemonade. She make cookies on a stick in the shape of flowers, stuck them in buckets of sand for centerpieces. All the kids loved the edible centerpieces. The kids blew bubbles indoors and she gave everyone a goldfish in a bag as a party favor. It was a lot of fun to feel like it was summer in the dead of winter!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 1:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My son's b-day is in January and we had his last one at the local pizza place that has a gameroom.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• This weekend we are going to the indoor water parks in WI Dells for my son's 5th b-day. We are just going as a family and taking 3 of his cousins with us. Usually we just stay home and have a party with friends and family.
    Anonymous

• We live in PA and my daughter has a late January b-day. So far we've just done small parties at my house. She turned 5 this past January and she was starting to want to have lots of friends at her party (she never cared before this year), but my grandma was in a coma from a TIA the day we were to have her party :-( My grandma woke up that week and in the end we just had a small party with just a few family members at my house the next weekend for her party.

Next year I know she's going to want to have a party with friends, but I don't want a bunch of couped up kids in my house, so I'm thinking about renting the local fire hall so we can spread out some and play indoor games.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 1:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We are in Indiana and my DD is only 2 so we for now just have small parties at the house. Not sure what to do when she is older since she is a January baby.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009