I have no urge to clean.

Everyone says that all women "Nest" when their ready to give birth..i have THOUGHTS of cleaning and what im going to clean...but i have no urge at all to clean...

i dont find anything dirty...im not tired and blah blah blah..

i feel perfectly normal, i have plenty of energy, i feel GREAT! just i have no desire to clean

is there something wrong with me?

and yes im full term! i can pop any day now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never "nested" while pregnant.
    Once she was here then I couldn't get things clean enough but that wasn't immediate either.
    =)
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I never went through a nesting period. I had a list of things that I wanted to do while I was on leave before I gave birth (get a massage, get my hair cut, etc.). Once I finished the last of those, I was ready to go---and 2 days later I did have my baby! I was kind of hoping for a burst of cleaning energy. I'd already decided that if it came, I was going to arrange all of our books. Never happened, and the books remain haphazardly arranged on their shelves 2 years later.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 1:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You're doing fine. Not everyone nests, although some women decide to nest when they are in labor. We had a friend who was cleaning her floor because she was in labor and when they tried to get her to stop she started crying and yelling that she just wanted her floor clean, why won't everyone leave her alone.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009