Any of you bleach blondes ever dye your hair dark, almost black?

I'm considering dying my hair the darkest shade of brown possible, almost black (but not black because that's impossible to get out of your hair from what my hairdresser tells me). Anyway, i've been bleach blonde for most of my life, and i'm thinking it's time for a change. the damage the bleaching has done to my hair is starting to show even though i use the best frederic fekkai products there are. If you have gone from platinum to really dark, did you like it, love it, or completely regret it?

xoxomendyrox

Asked by xoxomendyrox at 1:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I did and I'm still a brunette. It's going to be a shock. You'll need to change your makeup and clothing to match.

I'd try on a wig first. BTW: bleached hair soaks up dye and gives very strange results. If you do "go dark", have it done professionally. It will be well worth the $$$.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 1:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have dyed my hair medium brown and red. I liked the red but no one else did. When it was brown I looked so mousy and pale. I hated it. I went back to Blonde both times and have decided I am meant to be blonde. I am able to get my hair blonde without bleach though. Have you thought about just going a darker blonde? What is your natural hair color?
    pinkmom66

Answer by pinkmom66 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• DON'T DO IT!!! lol
    From expirience..
    If you REALLY want to go darker, get a temporary color or spray..

Otherwise you wll have to spend $100+ and 4 hours at a salon who is willing to correct your color if you change your mind.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I was very blonde then went to chocolate Cherry its a dark brown with a red tent

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I did, and I regret it more than ever, it makes me feel old and dumpy, Im going back to light blonde asap, well... after Im not pregs anymore, it damages your hair, but to me, its worth it to be blonde.
    johnnybgood

Answer by johnnybgood at 2:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• I agree w/johnny .. I've been blond most my life.. went dark and tore my hair up getting it back blond... WAY worse than the damage that being blond in general causes. I don't feel as pretty as a brunette.. I feel like I'm blah & blend in with the crowd.
    _rexie

Answer by _rexie at 4:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2009