Has anyone read the book Animal Farm?

This is an old book but it just seems like it represents what has happen and continues to happen to the US Constitution. Does anyone agree?

For those who never read it you really should read it. It definetly makes you look at things differently.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i have read it as a kid and i totally agree with you!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I was "supposed to" read it in like 8th grade,but never did. Probably would enjoy it now that I'm grown though, lol!
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 1:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Same answer as Nunyabiznes. Exactly. Wow.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have read it several times and I agree and disagree. I think that we are handing over our decision making rights daily - NSA would be the most glaring example.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have read Animal Farm but not in many years. I think I will reread it since you brought this to my attention. I hadn't really thought about comparing the two.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 1:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think this issue has actually been brought up many times since this past summer with the Obama policies during campaigning. It is required reading for a reason people, to insure it didn't happen, and yet here it is at your doorstep.
    Anonymous

• Are you kidding me? You are only linking this to the Obama Administration? Go all the way back to Nixon, we as a country have been handing over our civil rights on a platter while the government tells us it is for our protection as if we cannot see what we need by opening our front door.

It is so far overreaching the Obama administration, but I am glad to hear you are being such a good little soldier.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." read the book about 35 years ago....
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Go read Animal Farm, 1984, and The Handmaids Tale.
    Anonymous

• I have read it and it suits the events taking place. Also you need to read 1984, that was also a movie which might help those to see what can happen when Big Brother takes over.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009