Need some opinions... Do you think that too much time with your SO can help destroy a relationship?

We are no longer together but this is how it was:

We were co-workers...9 1/2 hrs a day, 4 days a week working around eachother or together...3 hrs in between the time we get off work and see eachother again and most weekends were spent together. We did usually take a day or two out of 7 for ourselves but these were usually work nights so that we could enjoy the day and do something during the day on our days off because the time that we had after work was from 7:30 - bed time.

We never really had anytime to step away and deal with fights, break-ups, disagreements, etc... and I feel like this could have been one of the reasons why it ended between us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I think both people in a relationship needs a bit of down time. For my husband it's running and biking and for me it's my MOPS group and scrapbooking. When we have an outlet for ourselves, we come back refreshed and ready to tackle a challenge or talk about an issue.

There are many factors that could end a relationship, but definitely having alone time to process thoughts and feelings could lead to the end. I don't think it could cause it completely, but you never know.
    Anonymous

• YES! At first me and my ex-boyfriend were just hanging out on the weekends then he cam over and satyed the night then he moved in with me. I couldn't handle it anymore because I felt tlike he was smothering me! Everywhere I went he had to go even if it was just to the store down the street.
    Anonymous

• I think that if you are in a healthy relationship that together or not it shouldn't matter... My Hubby is gone 4 weeks at a time with his job and we hate being apart, we talk on and off all day on the phone but it's just not enough.. When he's home we are all together 24/7 and we love it, whether it's working outside, in the garage, or in the house etc. We never get tired of each other... I go with him for a month in the Summer when the kids are with family and we are together 24/7 and it's awesome, the only thing missing are our kids but we can't take them along.. So no I don't think you can spend too much time together, if it's true love then it shouldn't matter... JMO
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 1:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Me and my dh talk all day off and on spend every min. togther and always have. It never gets old we hate being apart during the day~if we could work together we would. we crave for every min. together goin on 9yr. of course we have our desputes mostly about something not being perfect but in all we both know we will be together forever.
    Anonymous

• I think that if we had a little time to get away, we would have worked things out in a more positive way.
    Anonymous

• I think the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is true. Just because you need space doesn't mean you don't love each other, it means you are healthy. If you spend all your time with one person, never taking a break and doing things separately, eventually you are going to feel either trapped or like you cant do anything without them. It is unhealthy to be this way in my opinion because then you are too dependant on someone else and if they leave (or pass) then you are lost. Having other interests allows you to take a break form the monotonous days and feel excited to see you SO. Just my opinion. but I do think it helps. It is probably better not to dwell on past relationships, but use them as lessons for future ones. Prayers!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 2:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Well Ive been with my guy 2 1/2 years we moved in together 5 months into it....I did online classes and only worked part-time and he didnt work evne up until now and the only time frame weve been away from each other more then a day was once I was gone for a month in africa. We have a great realtionship I hardly ever feel like I need space hes like my best friend!
    Anonymous

• I don't think you have to make it a point to have time alone so much as making it a point to have different interest. I may like drawing and my husband likes surfing the web. We can do that in the same room but we still have things that belong to just us. That helps us not focus ALL of our energy into our relationship. But if your partner needs a little alone time, it doesn't hurt anything.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 3:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If you are good together then it shouldn't matter
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 3:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We just never had anytime to think about things after a fight or be able to get over it without stepping on eachothers toes at work. We could never talk about how the day went because we both already knew. It was just very hard.
    Anonymous