UGH the nerve of this doctor!

I took my baby to the docs after hours lastnight because she has a diaper rash that wont go away. So the male Dr. says, ohh i've seen worse, it can take weeks for a diaper rash to go away, just keep doing what you are doing. That was fine BUT he then continues to say, "turning on a warm blow dryer works, it may sound kinky but it works".. Sorry but i felt disgusted how he said it. My baby laying there with her diaper undone and he says that, UGH! I see my family doc for her one month check up on Monday, so i will definitey ask her how well she knows that doctor (work in same office building) and then continue to tell her how disgusted i was to hear him say it how he did.. Am i wrong for feeling disgusted, what do you all think of this doc saying it the way he did? (i'm sure he meant no harm but still, in the professional business shouldn't he have more class) Thank god he isn't my family doc doing papsmears on me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Health

• I cant believe the way people are excusing this doctors totaly inappropiate, unprofessional & perverted manner! I hope they dont have such an experience or of anything remotely to do with SEX and their child. But moreso I hope that if they ever do, they will get upset about it. Sex and children dont mix, in any way. Glad to see the Importance that the others see of just a word..
    Franya

Answer by Franya at 12:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Inappropriate.
    Anonymous

• Thats inappropriate. He should have acted more professional than that. Joking or not.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• The warm blow dryer thing isn't news. He SHOULD have suggested it and left out the 'kinky' remark. It was uncalled for and unproffesional. You should address it with someone.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think you are getting your panties in a twist over nothing.
    Anonymous

• It seems a reasonable suggestion to me, dries out the area. If he seemed embarrassed about saying it, perhaps he'd had a long day and just let his mouth run on. But I've heard of the blow dryer method before.

Answer by Bmat at 1:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have heard of the blow dryer thing, but perhaps he just couldnt shut his mouth afterwards. Sometimes Dr's seem to be too cocky for their own good. He just needs a swift kick in the pants. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I don't see anything inappropriate in what he said. he was trying to give you a suggestion for a problem. You asked him for help, he told you. why are you bitching? A warm hair dryer can help. You might try it.
    Anonymous

• I dont think shes bitching about the warm dryer suggestion I think its the "it may sound KINKY" comment that followed.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Thank you for clarifying AdensMommy, you are absolutely right! Maybe i should have elaborated.
    Anonymous