do you always tip?

when getting your nails done?

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 1:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i tip everyone ! im a server in beauty school and most of the money that people make in those kinds of professions (server, stylist,nail artist ect.) are tips.
    stylinmomma88

Answer by stylinmomma88 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I do my own nails. sometimes my husband will volunteer. He gets kissses as a tip.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yeah, $5.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree with stylinmomma......I tip everyone,lol! I used to be a waitress and it really made an impact on me. I even tip the person who rings me up if I call in an order.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 2:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Absolutely.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i only ask because yesterday i went to have my nails done and i brought just the right amount (including $5 tip) and they didnt tell me over the phone that something specific i asked for would be $5 more...i felt bad! i told them i would bring one in next time..but sometimes i dont always have the money To tip...is that rude??
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If you can't afford the tip, you can't afford the service. IMO. I waited tables for a time in a high end steak house. This couple spent $132 on dinner and wine, they sat at the table for over 2 hours after finishing eating. I only had 5 tables that night. They walked out and left 5 bucks on the table. They wrote on the ticket "great service, everything was perfect" excuuuuse me. 5 bucks on a 132 dollar tab.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• ok..i Definately agree w you in your situation GrnEyedGrandma...but my question was geared towards something thats $20 ...i would think that would make a little bit of difference?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I try to. Even if things are tight. If I think somebody did an exceptional job, I tip more. But, I try to give a little something extra
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Oh I tip well....I waitressed right after highschool to pay for my books for college....and I know how hard it is to work and not get any tips after providing good service. Cause everyone is different, generally getting my nails done and feet I leave 10-15 tip. Thats just me!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2009