Tannnig beds?

I've never gone tanning in a tannaing bed and I've been thinkin about it since we don't get much sun around here til the summer even then I don't tan because I have to sit outside for hours just to get a lil tan. I am not really a fan of spray tans either bacause alot of girls I've seen looked orange lol and I don't wanna turn orange. Oh and I was wondering what its like and how much it will cost! ( I do know its bad for you too but I won't be doing it all the time)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My mom owns a saloon so i have learned from her and i am in beauty school. Lots of places charge 30$ for an unlimited month. To build your tan start at low minutes 2-5 depending how light your skin is naturally. and go every day to every other day. Once you have built the color you want to maintain go every other day. Tanning in moderation is healthy just make sure you moisturize and stay hydrated. Tannin actually releasses endorphins in your body that make you happy! plus you are getting uv rays...the same that the sun gives you. Everything in moderation! Enjoy =)
    stylinmomma88

Answer by stylinmomma88 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Listen to pp. Only go a few minutes at a time. I went recently and stayed in too long for my first time and burnt the crap out of myself. I couldn't even sleep at night, because I was so uncomfortable!
    Anonymous

• Hello!!! i am a BIG fan of tanning beds. I used to go 5 days a week, whis i dont recomend at all!!! i would see if a Privatly owned salon around you has the option to buy minutes or just a few sessions. this usually ont expire like a yearly membership. and if you do get a year membership you should NOT pay more than 150-200. unlike darq tan who charges out the but and also goes on your crdit if you break the membership!!!
    pinklady09

Answer by pinklady09 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Do the standup ones, it's a more even tan and you only have to be in there for a few minutes to get what 20 min will get you in a bed. It's a bit pricier but worth it. Plus you dont have to lie where other naked bodies have benn. I know they are cleaned but it's still an ICK factor for me.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 2:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• make sure to use a good lotion and it won't take as long to get tan, without lotion it can take 5-7 minutes for the uv rays to even start tanning your skin. so if you lay 10 minutes without lotion you're really only gettin 3-5 minutes of tanning
    Kates1122

Answer by Kates1122 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Don't go to tanning beds. They are horrible for your skin.
    Use Jergen's natural glow and you will be tan after 4 days.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2009