Is this tolerance?

When someone specifically asks for an answer pertaining to their beliefs and they get a bunch of rude people responding because they disagree with their faith? These are often the same people screaming "religious tolerance"...they want it but aren't willing to give it?

Can you admit when you've been wrong and rude to criticize someone else for their beliefs? Can you just click the back button and not respond if it has nothing to do with you or your life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have found on CM that if you are a Christian, you are "ignorant", "a hater", "closed-minded", "intolerant", and a host of other names given by those who have no idea what being a true Christian is. Only those who agree with an "anything goes" lifestyle, is given any respect. Sad, but true. I just overlook any responses that are prejudice against Christianity and consider the source.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If a persons beliefs continue to spread intollerance then yes I do speak up. If a person is using their beliefs to hold down another person, I speak up. If a person is using their religion to discriminate, I speak up.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Do you realize some of the people laughing at the concept of your question are also Christians?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• look OP if you ask a question on here I can guarantee you will get honest answers. no candy coating on CM. you don't want to hear all answers then don't ask the question.
    Anonymous

• All I can say is it definitely goes BOTH ways. Many times the ones that are getting so offended are the ones that are actually doing a lot or most of the offending.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 2:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• This is OP and I agree that most of these people want the tolerance but can't dish it out. If I disagree with someone in their beliefs, I don't answer the question! If I have something to add in response, it's certainly not rude. I'm not asking anyone to sugar-coat anything...but I thought that mothers could lead by better example and show some tolerance and respect for others!
    Anonymous

• There will always be those that speak out rudely about all faiths. I know of at least one anon poster that claims to be an atheist, and makes rude comments in regards to Christians, Pagans, Hindus . . . basically anyone that has any faith system. It's just to be expected. If you don't like their answer, ignore it and move on.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes, I can and do because I want the same treatment by others. when someone asks another persons opinion to answer in our opinion or belief is not an attack of someone who does not hold our beliefs. and therefore should not solicit attacks from others.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree with Poster number one.!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• What irritates me is when you are asking for Christian responses and then you get non-Christians chiming in trying to stir up some drama just for the fun of it. Really mature. That sets a terrific example for their children.
    Anonymous