my 13 year old daughter hasn't started her period yet. but she sometines has pms symptoms. is this the norm? should i be concerned?

she is 13. average weight and size. but still "no eriod" yet. should i take her to the docter? or weight a while and see what happens?

mimiwendy

Asked by mimiwendy at 1:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• WHen did you start? Girls usually start an average of 6 months earlier than their mom's. But if you started at like 11 and she still hasnn't I would maybe take her in. Otherwise, just count your blessings you dont have to deal with it yet. If she is PMSing it should be sooner rather than later.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• How long ago should she have started? I would take her to the Dr. or have her take a pregnancy test.
    Anonymous

• Welcome to the club of moms with moody teens who havent had their"as we call it in my house" dot yet. My 13 year old daughter is as moody as she has ever been. Her 16 year old sister told me the other day I wish you would just hit her dot and get over it. My 16 year old wasnt like this at all but she had hers at about 12.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I didn't start until I was almost 16 and my mom was early 15. Nothing wrong with either of us and we both had kiddos no prob.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• anon actually being 13 and not having your period isnt a worry at all. Some girls dont even get it until they are 16 in some cases.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It's normal..and it's hell on wheels.. invest in maximum strength Pamprin. My sister swears it eases PMS symptoms
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I didn't start my period until I was almost sixteen. I was a little skinny, though. I wouldn't worry most teenagers are moody. Is she having problems at school? When I was her age I got really cranky if I had a bad day at school, people picked on me because of my hair :(
    Rexanna

Answer by Rexanna at 4:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My husband has PMS and he's a man, lol I think every little lady is different. Talk to her doc. if your concerned. Me and my daughter both started at 12.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• All girls are different. I was 11 when I started and my bestfriend didn't start until she was almost 15. I hated her for not having her period and I had to suffer with it...lol
    If she is showing the PMS signs, I am sure it's right around the corner.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My little sister was 13 in January and well developed and she JUST started about 3 weeks ago. I thought that was late but my mom started late too. I think shes fine. It doesnt hurt to have her checked out at that age anyway.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2009