Soda?!? Im I crazy?

Im in group(Why im ANON) But anyways her baby had gas and she asked for advice..Well in the en she said she gave her baby soda.I have yet to reply how i feel about it lol..and I dont think I will.BUT giving soda to a 6-8 week old! Im I crazy lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that's ridiculous
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• oh dear god...what the hell is she thinking!?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No wonder he has gas, ugh!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Op- She said people do it in other Countries and it was only an 1 ounce. DOES that make it better?......

Anonymous

• My DD is 13 Months and she has never tried that stuff I want to keep her away from it as long as possible.
    Anonymous

• well for diarrea my mom suggest an ounce of coke and and a tiny bit a salt. maby shes right ? just an opinion
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 2:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I would think that the soda would make gas worse, not better. But I guess if it's used to remedy something I don't see a huge problem with it. People give their children juice all of the time... which is no better than soda for kids. Mostly empty calories and a bunch of sugar. I would think that the soda might work to get a child too poop, the say way people suggest juice or karo syrup.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It's a wonder ,it did'nt blow that baby a new bung hole. That is crazy
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't do it, but people used to give their babies brandy for teething...I would give soda long before giving brandy, that's for sure!
    Anonymous

• I would imagine soda would make gas worse. I mean the carbonation would lead to bubbles in the tummy right? I don't know. I am apparently one of the crazy parents. My daughter has had ice cream once, no soda, only gets juice when constipated, and she had birthday cake, but hasn't had cake since. She is 14 months old. My son still doesn't get soda except occasionally, his candy stays with me so I can dole it out as I see fit, and he doesn't get much sweets. He is 7.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009