loosing weight while on birth control

I've read a lot of things about how many people gain weight while on Yaz, but I'd like to know if it is possible to lose weight on it?

I'm 60 pounds heavier than I'd like to be.. so I started a diet today. I plan to eat healthier and excersice more often... will being on Yaz affect the results of my diet?

lmybo

Asked by lmybo at 1:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• When I was on this bc I actually gained weight (not to put a damper on things) BUT every woman is different I had a friend who also took this and she lost weight.(she was obese. I don't know if that was connected to it though) I just use natural family planning now...birth control makes me crazy lol
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 2:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm not on Yaz, but I'm on BC, and I can tell you that the first couple of months I did gain weight. i was obese anyway, so this was kinda a problem for me. But recently, I've been dieting and exercising, and have lost about 10 lbs, so I'd say you can probably lose on Yaz, too.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have a group called "I Need To Lose 60 Lbs or More". You are welcome to come join us. All of us ladies in there are trying to lose at least 60 lbs. There are a lot of good ideas in there.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/54822
    Anonymous

• It didn't make me gain weight but it made me soooo bloated! I looked 5 months pregnant! Needless to say, i quit taking it!
    Anonymous