Hi I'm Lena and my son's name is Sean. He is 10 months old and has just started the process towards correcting his plagiocephaly (flat head). I am looking for other moms who have been through (or are going through) this as well for some help and ideas. THANKS!! -Lena

Lena2081

Asked by Lena2081 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes it takes time for this to correct itself but then again some never grow out of it some say it is due to laying the baby too much on it's back and some say it is hereditery. I know a girl who is 20 yrs. old and she has a flat head (back of her head that is) and she just learned to deal with it you notice it more when she wears braided pig tails, but she doesn't seem to care. So no biggie. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• my daughter was diagnosed with this. She has Torticollis and caused on e side of her head to become a little flat. She goes to physiacl therapy every week to help with this.
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• my daughter has the same thing my peditrician told me too rotate when she sleeps put her on one side and then flip her too the other side and she told me too put her on her belly also. my daughters head is actually starting too look so much better.
    ABRIANASMOMMY19

Answer by ABRIANASMOMMY19 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Good luck mamas! My daughter started to get a flat spot, but then we bought a jumperoo and then she started sitting unassisted and it went away on its own. I hope you have the same experience.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• re did repositioning and that did help but not enough. my son wound up having to wear a special helmet for 6mos to correct his head shape.. it worked wonders. i hated seeing him wear it but that is what he needed. he had to wear it 23hrs a day for 6 mos. he was 7mos old when he started wearing it. he adjusted very well to it. he did wake up a lot at night when he wore it, but overall he was fine w/it.
    amys2boys

Answer by amys2boys at 5:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• thanks amy!! the waking up is what i am most worried about he sleeps REALLY well now
    Lena2081

Answer by Lena2081 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2009