Ideas to feel better about myself and or just have happier life

I posted a question about my husband not wanting me to much well alot of people suggested to take care of myself and i was already starting on that and i do feel a little better and he does want me more, I got my hair permed i always try to have my nails done im taking some diet pills because i want to lose 15 pounds because i wont to be skinny not just average and i got new dresses and i bpought new make up but now i want more and dont have money wat else is there that i can do so i can feel like wow im hot and i have everything and more energy because somtimes i feel thats my problem that i dont have energy and thats what drags me down. I really cant wait until this month is over to see how much wait i will lose!! What do you girls do to spoil youselves and feel awsome?

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 2:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Please read the book its called get a life that dosent suck. Its not like what it sounds but it helped me alot!
    Anonymous

• I shop.. alot! and I can't just get one or two things. If I shop, I do the whole package. Nails, Hair, clothes, bra, panties, make up.. LOl.. the whole deal.. and after doing that, i'm good for awhile, but it's amazing how much better you feel when you treat yourself once in awhile!! :)
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• lol thanks for you responses but hahaha at first i thought you were telling me to gewt a life lol haha but anyways i will look that up and the second person i wish i could do that but i have no money im pretty miuch poor and i need to go home so i can do what you are suggesting, i live in mexico and i dont make much money here but hopefully we can go home back to the states soon (my husband is mexican) but yes i wish i could do that stuff i was thinking more of something with out paying lol
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 2:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It sounds like you have all the material thing now however you are missing the strength from with in you. Try to stop looking outside for validation that you are ok.  Look with in yourself to feel that you are ok.  Happiness comes from within.

Anonymous

• There is a group on cafe mom ...all about being the best that you can be..finding your joy! It is called JOY!! It was started by me...because I too, was searching for greater happiness.

here's a link!!! Together we can find greater JOY!!!...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/93588

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• High heels always make me feel better. There's just something feminine about them, and they make your legs look good. But, from how you sound, I think you just need a change of attitude about your appearance. Start telling yourself positive things instead of negative things. Don't think negatively either. It really works. Be confident around your DH, and don't complain about your appearance to him, or act needy for his acceptance of you. I like buying lingerie, make-up, matching panty and bra sets, shoes, clothes, and getting my hair cut, highlighted or something new when I feel the need to treat myself.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Take an exercise class. It will tone you up and give you more energy. If you don't want to spend the money, do an exercise program on TV or get a DVD from the library. Or walk a couple miles every day. Yoga is great for relaxing and for feeling better about and more patient with yourself.

Answer by Bmat at 2:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm seeing my obgyn on tuesday because of how I have been feeling.... I feel like I'm in the dark and I have tunnel vision... It's so hard to explain. All the shopping in the world doesn't help. We are doing very well financially and our kids are healthy and life is good but I still feel horrible inside... So hopefully my Dr will be able to help me. I'm thinking it's PMDD. Sorry for venting...
    Anonymous

• I suggest taking a multivitamin. I know it gives me more energy. Have you ever listed all of your fantastic qualities? Or maybe get your husband to! Do it and post it somewhere! Try not to think of what you don't have, but think of what you do have! Take a walk a couple of times a week and try to notice all the beauty that is going on right now and relish in the fact that you can just walk around and that you have your health to be able to do it! I don't know, maybe these are cheesy, but sometimes you need something to boost your self esteem and material things just won't do that all the time!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Run a warm bath with bubbles and light a candle and soak and pamper yourself. Makes you feel like a million bucks!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2009