My son is 5.5 and is slowly moving away from the "baby" cartoons I like for him to watch. What does your 5 -7 year old watch?

I love showes like Franklin, Little Bear, ect. But he's growing out of them. Now he likes Phineus and Ferb and Sponge Bob.

I keep a close reign on what he watches, and I am not a HUGE fan of those shows, I dont think they are horrible but still.

What are some of your kids favorite shows?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• try noggin or even the toon disney has really cute ones!!! nick also has really good shows for that age group
    pinklady09

Answer by pinklady09 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I don't do sponge bob. It doesn't play in my house, not only because I don't like the show, but the voice are SOO annoying I can't listen to them. Toon Disney and Nick, not Nick Jr. are the channels that he watches now.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yall are crazy. Phineas and Ferb and Spongebob are perfect for that age group.. IT has so many life lessons and my son has learned so much about sharing and being honest. He also watches spider man, batman, and all those other boy shows.. but there is nothing wrong with the shows that come on kiddie channels.. I read in another question that people were saying that spongebob was racist.. and another show they were gay.. Adults read entirely too much into cartoons and need to relax. If it comes on a kiddie channel, then it's okay for kids to watch.. Lighten up and let your kids watch their shows!
    Anonymous

• Pokemon is a big favorite here. That and Bakugan.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My kids are watching Spongebob now. I even catch my hubby watching it when the kids aren't around! lol
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 4:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My not so little guy is now 7 years old. When he was around 5 or 6 he got board with the cartoons aimed for pre schoolers. Because he has always been into animals, he really got into the animal channel. And because I have always been into classic movies, he also started watching: Swiss Family Robinsons, So Dear To My Heart, Robin Hood... But your right, its sad to see them step into that new level of intrest. Its easer when you can find things you both can watch.
    susan_marie

Answer by susan_marie at 5:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Honestly, their favorite channel is the Discovery channel, and not the kids one. They LOVE Myth Busters, How it's Made, Dirty Jobs, Smash Lab and the Earth series. Animal Planet is also a big favorite. For kid shows they like, I Carly, Sponge-Bob, Avitar, Drake and Josh, The Mighty Bee, anything on Nick I guess and Disney. Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place etc... They are 6 and 9. They don't watch a lot of TV by any means, they just have a lot of shows they like to watch when the TV is on.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My son abruptly informed me when he was just about 5 that he no longer had any desire at all to watch anything Noggin related. It broke my heart that he was suddenly growing up on me. Now he loves stupid cartoon network. I don't like everything he watches ( Chowder anyone? YUCK!) but he still loves that channel. He is also a big fan of the science channel.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I don't particularly like Cartoon Channel. My son LOVES all the "boy" shows but he's allowed 1 a day. I like and he likes SpeedRacer the Next Generations; Future is Wild, Growing up Creepie; Grossology, but this week he picked Wizards of waverly place -- oh no!! I am not ready for that.
    But he till like Wuzby, Diego, and deals with Dora when A. wants to see it. He gets his Bakugan b/f school if he's ready in time and in the P.M. they can each pick a show while I cook.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My 6.5 year old watches Spongebob all the time; he also watches the Animal Planet and those type shows. He watches all of the Batman and Spider Man movies, Transformers, Iron Man, etc...
    They were done with the Noggin channel and those type shows at least 2-3 years ago.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2009