• In the Spotlight:

Cleaning my stove

Dose anyone know how to clean the inside of a oven, I spilled some food and its burnt on. Its a self cleaning oven but it dosent work. Also I dont want to use oven cleaner if smells really bad and its not good for the baby to smell. Anyone have any ideas that will help me. I know i should of cleaned up the mess when it happened but I didnt. Thank you

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Well since you didn't clean it right away when you were suppose to...just kidding

Yes now it is caked on I would just use some liquid dish soap and water and put it directly on the burnt part and let it sit and soak make a small puddle on it. It just needs time to loosen up. I would recommend "Dawn" that takes out grease pretty good. Then later you can go back with a rag and wipe it clean I am sure it wasn't that much of a mess if so use more and wait. And you won't have to worry about any smell. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I heard pickle juice eats through grease and grime messes!!
    Becki.Nagy

Answer by Becki.Nagy at 7:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I use the spray on oven cleaner I just spray it on leave it on over night and it wipes right off in the morning. Just rinse it well. Then I run the oven empty to burn off anything thats left, but it usually is not bad at all.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2009