What is this bug?

Ok ladies, I laid down for about an hour (with a spic-and span house, mind you) and got up to find my kitchen floor (linoleum) SWARMING with these little bugs. They look like skinny flies! They aren't flying, though. They have these tiny little black bodies (the 4th segment is very thin compared to the rest) and their wings are clear, rounded at the bottom (tear-drop shaped). The wings fold over each other so it looks like a single wing over their backs - the wings extend 2x their body's length. There's a MILLION of them... what are they? Just curious...

MunchiesMom324

Asked by MunchiesMom324 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• This site may help you! It give me the willies....to even look at them.
    '
    http://davesgarden.com/guides/bf/

Grab raid and give them a spray! ...no matter what name they are given!!! LOL

The only good bug...is a 'dead' bug!!! LOL

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You might just want to call the exterminator these bugs you are describing sound like "Termites"
    I hope I am wrong they could be some specie of an ant with wings (harmless) but call the exterminator just in case.GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Termites were also the first thing that came to my mind when you were describing them!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 2:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• sounds just like termites to me! CALL THE ORKIN MAN! LOL
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 4:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Termites swarm by the thousands and your description sounds like they could be termites.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• TERMITES! Get help quick, they'll invade the crevices and posts under your house and start eating it. It's hard to sell a house with termite damage.
    Anonymous

• If it's termites your raid won't do it you need a proffessional
    Anonymous

• I vote termites also. Call an exterminator!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 3:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Termites are white, you have something else. Take one to your local extension office on Monday morning and they can tell you for free and recommend treatment, prevention and control.
    Also, termites do not like light.
    Anonymous