Will I be able to tell when my mucous plug falls out? (PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING)

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I'm not sure if It's fallen out yet or not simply because I've had yeast infections throughout my entire pregnancy and i've always had a discharge tinged yellow (which my dr said was normal since I constantly have the Y.I.) ... I know mucous plugs are supposed to be clear but when they are coming out could they come out along with some of the infection fluid too which in turn would turn them yellow?

Now, my baby is healthy and i'm afraid that AFTER I actually DO lose it I might not notice... Would it still be ok to use Monistat AFTER I lose it IF i'm able to tell, and WILL I even be ABLE to tell?

EdensMommyToBe

Asked by EdensMommyToBe at 2:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your mucous plug will be really sticky and thick. Sometimes it's clean ans sometimes it has blood in it.. I think you will definitely be able to tell when you lose it
    Anonymous

• *clear
    Anonymous

• yeah anon is right...its kinda like snot...thats how it is...lol..i lost mine and oh i definitly knew it was it! it was slimy like snot and started out clear but as the weeks went on the color started changing and now ive finally gotten like...blood in it..perfectly normal :D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 2:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You might not know when you lose it. This is my 4th pregnancy and I have never seen my mucous plug. I asked my (who has 4 kids) and my mil (who's had 12) if either of them have seen theirs b/c everyone says they do and neither of them have. It can come out in pieces as well making it harder to know when it comes out.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2009