Do you allow your s/o to change your daughter's diapers?

So,i was in a class and another mom said she was glad that her s/o never changed changed her daughters diapers. And that she was happy because it showed respect for her daughter and herself to not have a guy change her. I cant get my kids dad to change her poop. He is terrified of dirty diapers and is such a wimp and it pisses me off. I feel we are both the parents and he should help out with EVERYTHING. If he is awake at three in the morning, and im not and she needs changing. Please do it yourself and not wake me. I cant be with her all day,and i dont want her sitting in poop before i can get home. So the question is,do you feel uncomfertable with your s/o changing your girl child's diapers?

babysyoungmom1

Asked by babysyoungmom1 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I havent ever had a probvlem with it before. He is her dad, and it is his job to keep her clean the same as mine. I wonder if there was something going on in her relationship that made her wonder if he would ever hurt their daughter for her to feel that way. My dh did say though that he didnt want to potty train her, but I made him train the boys so I guess it is only fair.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'd be happy if mine would..but I'm so used to doing it by myself that it's not really an issue anymore. I just do it out of habit.
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• ummm no I wouldnt feel uncomfortable he is a parent too. Maybe I should tell my husband tonight that I cant chage our sons diapers anymore he should since they have the same parts Im sure that wouldnt go to well. lol
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My husband changes her diapers. Its not a huge deal. I think fathers should. If it would be disrespectful for a father to change a daughters, then it should be disrespectful for a mother to change a sons.... hmm, if that was the rule then I could have gotten out of 3 sons diaper changes... thats like 6 yrs worth of diaper changes!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I don't have a daughter but if I did, he would definately be changing diapers! Its not just my responsibility, its both of ours.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Heck no! I welcome it when it comes. And with it being tax season, daddy's forced to change diapers! :) He's weird about bath time though, so only I give her a bath. I don't see why it's so weird for him. It's his child and i'ts not like he's doing anything to her, he's just cleaning her, a basic need. Men are weird. :)
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My So changes my daughter all the time. What is the big deal? So my question to the other mom would be is it offensive for a mom to change a boys diaper or should the male always do it? I think its stupid if you cant trust him to change your child maybe you shouldnt be with him in the first place.
    Anonymous

• ... Even my friends hubby changed my dd as praticed for when they have kids. It's no biggie.
    ferdo0204

• I dont care if it is a boy or girl. The dad is a parent just like the mom and they should both change diapers!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If my husband did that to me I guaruntee he wouldn't be around much longer to see his child and he'd only see her on supervised visits on the weekends.. I can't believe he has the nerve to be so immature.. It's POOP.. It's NOT POISON.. Although sometimes it might smell like it.. If a woman can clean it a man can too. Tell him to grow up if he wants to be a daddy...
    EdensMommyToBe

Answer by EdensMommyToBe at 2:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009