does anyone else have meat allergies?

I have a mild allergy to pork, all pork and anything with pork traces in it. I find it really innconvenient, I was never a big fan on pork chops and ribs, But I always loved ham coldcuts and bacon. I love ham/veggie wraps and BLT's and its so hard to say no, I was so hungry this afternoon that I ate a ham/cheese wrap and it smelled sooo good, tasted great too! About half way into my wrap I break out with a HUGE headache, itchy lips and my head feels really dizzy. Ive tried other cold cuts but I find none compare to ham, and turkey bacon (yuck!), Id just like some support and advice. And i'd like to know, what are your symptoms if you eat a meat your allergic to? no bashing please!

Miss.KelliAdams

Asked by Miss.KelliAdams at 2:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Health

• bump for me, there has to be more of you out there? lol
    Miss.KelliAdams

Answer by Miss.KelliAdams at 3:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You're probably allergic to a protein in the meat. You should see you Dr. & try avoid pork products, the more times you come in contact with it, the more severe your reactions can become-and they quicker they can happen.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Ive been tested already by my doctor, He told me to stay clear away from pork, but as I said, it's hard!
    Miss.KelliAdams

Answer by Miss.KelliAdams at 5:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2009