What type of water (boiled tap/bottled) is best for mixing formula?

I currently boil water because I heard that was best, but it's time consuming at times. I want to used bottled water but don't know if that' appropriate at his age (he's 6 months old). If bottled is okay, then which brands are best?

keidanmom3

Asked by keidanmom3 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nursery water or bottled water. Boiled water loses everything that's good for babies when you boil it. Tap water isn't safe if you live in the country because of chemicals in the water from farming. Some city water is okay, but you have to be aware of lead pipes and things like that. Bottled water still isn't as good as nursery water, but I've used it for my daughter before.
    Anonymous

• I have used bottel water all along, since day one. The water here where i live is not treated the best, or others housesw are well water. i do not buy a specific brand... just whatever is on sale
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 2:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I use Nursery water:)) its cheap and very healthy
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I use tap when I run out of bottled but after a few months you don't need to boil it any more
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have a filter and purifer on my water, so I used tap.
    Anonymous

• I use tap water.
    Anonymous

• I use distilled bottled water. Have since day one
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I always boiled the tap water and used it. Boiled enough to put in a pitcher so it saved some time later. The majority of bottled water is actually tap water with basic filtration. Know where the bottled water comes from before you waste your money on buying someone elses tap water. You can go to the web pages of the bottled water company to get the details. Most often the best bottled water is the most expensive.

Good luck on your choice.
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 4:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• we use nursery water
    mamanpnk

Answer by mamanpnk at 5:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We ue the calligan filtered water from walmart. we bought the 5 gallon, and a 2 gallon tap jug......we pay .37 a gallon.....and only have to buy it once every month or so. regular bottled upsets her tummy for some reason....and nursery was 1.18 compared to .37.......
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009