Im 5 months & only gained 2 pounds..I've lost 10..whats wrong?

I eat veraciously 5 & 6 times a day but I had morning sickness until my 4th month. Can anyone tell me if my baby is in danger? I was 20 pounds overweight when I conceived so my Dr. Said there are no worries....but IM WORRIED!! Im 5'1 & 172.

Chelpete

Asked by Chelpete at 2:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I lost throughout my whole pregnancy and ended up only going a total of 13 lbs. So your baby is fine! and it won't take long to lose the weight you do gain :)
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If your doc says it okay then it probably is. I only gained 15 pounds through the entire pregnancy and most of it was in the last month or so. I was 130 starting out and 145 when I had my daughter. She was smaller but completely healthy.
    Anonymous

• 5 months i think i had just started to gain weight..im about 38 weeks and now losing weight but baby is gaining weight..its weird...
    Anonymous

• I have never gained more than 10 lbs during my three pregnancies.
    I have always lost about 10 lbs in the beginning then regained the 10 and added a few more...no more than 6lbs.
    My babies were big healthy boys the smallest was 8.1lbs.
    I had some extra weight before becoming pregnant, so my dr wasn't worried. My belly always measured correctly for each appointment.
    If you were 5'1 and 100lbs then it would be important that you were gaining weight.
    And really if your doc says not to worry..try not to worry.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2009