Did I miss my mucus plug falling out??

Im due on tuesday and I havent dilated at all I haven't noticed my mucus plug falling out but in some books it says that you don't always notice this. Have I just missed it or could it still be in there?? I'm so confused about the whole thing

Christie47

Asked by Christie47 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It doesnt always happen before labor starts, and then sometimes you are already hurting and just dont see it. Or it can happen grsadually over time and you never see it because it is in all small pieces. Don't worry if you dont see it, it doesnt mean anything if you dont.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It could still be there. Some women don't lose it until they are in labor. Other times women don't notice. It make come out in "sections" and just seem like a heavier discharge. I lost mine at 38 weeks with my daughter and still had to be induced at 41 weeks. Sit back, try to get comfortable, and relax. Labor will come with or without a mucus plug. Good Luck!
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 3:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I never saw any trace of a mucus plug with my son...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 3:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2009